A Lifestyle Worth Experiencing – Something for Everyone
The Orange Region has something for everyone at every stage in their life. In recent years, the region has become the destination of choice for tree-changers looking to swap busy city roads and lifestyles for an authentic regional life balance including:
- The easy access to modern city infrastructure, services and culture with the benefit of authentic relaxed regional living.
- A wealth of quaint villages for residents and access to modern facilities and services.
- Pristine natural environment and an unspoilt natural beauty in the landscape which enjoys four distinct seasons in the year.
- Safe and secure place to live and raise a family as part of a friendly community.
Source: Orange, Blayney and Cabonne Regional Economic Development Strategy | 2018 – 2022 produced by AgEconPlus on behalf of the region as a collaboration between the Orange City, Blayney Shire and Cabonne Councils.
Culture, Events & Leisure
The Orange Region is fast becoming a must-see destination for culture, arts, and unique events. Established annual regional events such as the Banjo Paterson Australian Poetry Festival, the Canowindra Balloon Challenge, Orange F.O.O.D Week, Orange Wine Festival and the Orange Winter Fire Festival are complimented by regular markets, exhibitions and a strong community sporting presence.
Orange 360 is a collaborative approach to tourism in the Orange, Blayney and Cabonne areas. Check out the latest events, arts, culture and community, amazing villages, outstanding local drives, restaurants, cafes, wineries and farmstays at this one-stop-shop of local information.
What can the Orange Region offer you that you don’t already have?
- Room to grow your family - A family home that has enough opportunity to expand, schools around the corner, and a five-minute drive between jazz class, the supermarket and the weekend soccer match.
- Minimal commute - A commute to work that means you can sit in a local cafe and have a fresh, locally roasted coffee before you arrive at work – no rushing from platform to street, just easy, stress free living.
- Time to reconnect – The Orange Region offers all people the chance to reconnect with each other to find the time to talk and sit with each other at the end of the day. To be together without the added strains and pressures that financial worries, excessive commuting and out of control price hikes bring. You can work hard here in Orange, but still have the time to sit down at the dinner table together, with locally produced food, sourced from local businesses and manufacturers and have the chance to laugh and regroup with your family and friends.
- Affordability - The affordability of housing in the Orange Region is one of the most talked about lifestyle benefits that inspires people to make the move. Whether you want a Californian bungalow in the centre of the city, a modern home or a rural property with spectacular views and room for a horse, Orange has it all. Into the bargain, it’s usually less than half the price of what you would expect to pay for the equivalent dwelling in a similar location in Sydney.
- A beautiful life – The Orange Region offers you the perfect way of life. You can continue to learn as our education facilities for all ages are second to none. Fancy going for a bike ride or taking the kids to the park to play soccer, take your pick, Orange has a large number of alternatives for cycle routes and sports clubs around the City. Always wanted to be in a triathlon, or take up running, join a club? We have more than one here for you to join.
- Great food and wine - Gourmet food and wine more your thing? Orange has become known as one of Australia’s best wine districts, with local wines regularly winning national and international awards. This wine industry growth, in tandem with the continuing development of Orange’s already highly regarded gourmet restaurant and cafe culture, has bolstered the city’s reputation and the region’s growing status as a ‘food capital’.
Source: Orange City Council www.orange.nsw.gov.au/living-in-orange/
The Orange Region is situated within the traditional lands of the Wiradjuri Nation. We acknowledge the traditional custodianship of these lands, and pay our respect to the Wiradjuri people for their care and stewardship of these lands for more than 40,000 years and to the Elders of the Wiradjuri Nation past, present and future.